Last Updated on March 06, 2020Print
Recipe: Traditional Spanish Omelette
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Olive oil
- 8 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 1 large onion
- 1 kg of potatoes
1. Make the tortilla by peel and wash the potatoes
2. Cut them into thin, not very large, slices and season with salt. Do the same with the onion, but cut it into even smaller pieces, although you could also julienne it, as pieces of onion in the tortilla are most appreciated.
3. Heat a fairly generous amount of oil in a large frying pan. When the oil is hot, but not smoking, put in the potatoes and fry them.
4. When the potatoes begin to become tender, add the onion and leave to cook together.
5. Use a slotted spoon to stir the potatoes from time to time as they should not stick to the pan nor burn at all.
6. In about 10 to 15 minutes the potatoes will be ready, they should not brown much and they should be tender for the tortilla to turn out well.
7. When the potatoes and onion have been fried, remove them from the pan and drain off the oil.
8. Put them in a large bowl. Beat the eggs in another dish, add salt, and pour over the potatoes, mixing the ingredients very well.
9. Now, make the tortilla in the frying pan, and this is why you will need a large one. Put a few drops of oil in the bottom and when it is hot, add the potato and egg mixture.
10. Let the egg set over medium-high heat, but then lower the heat so that it does not burn and the tortilla cooks in the centre. When the tortilla is golden on one side, use a flat plate to carefully flip it over.
11. Cook the other side and when it is ready, enjoy this delicious Spanish potato tortilla.
Keywords: Spanish omelette, traditional